The very first clinic was the London Dispensary, which opened in the year 1696 as a means to deliver medicines to the poor and ill and to provide accessible healthcare. Since then, clinics have been prevalent for treating patients with small ailments and specific concerns.
Nowadays, we can see a chain of clinics operating under a single clinic operator. The main goal of such a chain of clinics is to extend treatment faster and with better controls. An ideal clinic management software is required for managing a chain of clinics and carrying out multiple functions.
For an ideal clinic management software, we must have a proper clinic management system.
A clinic management system is a mainstream information system for managing all aspects of clinical operations such as financial, medical, legal, compliance, and administrative. It includes business intelligence, electronic health logs, and revenue cycle administration.
Features of a Clinical Management System
A clinic management system usually includes Pharmacy, Outpatient Management, Radiology, eClaim, Inventory, Tablet Versions, Mobile Apps, Online Scheduling, Medic, and Patient Portals, Secured Messaging, Alert Software, Feedback, HL7/Integrated PACS, HR/Payroll Biometric Integration, and Business Intelligence.
Technical features of the clinical management system include multi-component architecture, HIPAA technical safeguards compliance, ease of integration, and cloud hosting.
The operation modules of the clinical management system include inventory & pharmacy, asset & accounting management, management of human resources, and multiple location management.
Clinical information system helps in gathering, stocking, making, and manipulating available medical information essential to the medical care delivery process.
Benefits of Clinical Management System
- It serves as a decision assistance system for the medical clinic agencies for developing comprehensive medical care policies
- It efficiently generates patients’ diet, the operation of finance, and the distribution of medical care
- It indicates an improved and efficient medicine usage monitoring system
- It boosts information entirety by reducing the replication of information entries and transcription errors
- Due to less paperwork, reduced duplication of testing, and improved safety, it also reduces the overall cost
Clinics offer easy access to medical care without going to hospitals. With an ideal clinical management system, the facilities of clinics can be enhanced to provide better treatment to patients.